Travelling can be stressful for many reasons. Whether it's the anticipation of travelling to a new place or the fear of flying, there are plenty of things that could make you anxious and stressed before your flight takes off.
While there are many prescription drugs available, they are harsh, harmful and, in some instances, addictive. Many people do not drink, while others have anxiety that will not be eased by alcohol on the in-flight service. Fortunately, a natural and harmless product can help put your mind and body at ease when you fly.
CBD oil is one way to alleviate these feelings and help you feel more at ease on your travels. This article will discuss what CBD is, how it works, where you can buy it and the legalities of carrying and using it in different airports worldwide.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural compound that comes from the cannabis plant. It does not have psychoactive elements like THC, which is found in recreational marijuana and has its own set of risks and legalities. Instead, it contains anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties that deliver a range of benefits, including relief for stress and anxiety. This is proven by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
There are many misconceptions when it comes to CBD oil, with incorrect comparisons to recreational marijuana. The fact that both come from the same plant is about the only comparison you can make between the two.
CBD oil is made with the hemp plant extract, which is legal in many states and countries worldwide. Unlike THC, which makes people high and can affect memory and coordination, CBD doesn't have these side effects. It has been shown to help ease pain and reduce inflammation in joints, muscles and organs.
A few drops of CBD oil taken before or during your flight will assist in calming your nerves and releasing the tension caused by anxiety, making for a less stressful experience. It will also relax your mind and body so you can rest adequately once airborne.
How does CBD Oil work?
Cannabinoids are already present in your body in your own endocannabinoid system. CBD oil helps to activate them by interacting with the different receptors in your brain and your body. As a result, it effectively optimises bodily processes and functions, triggering anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving and stress-reducing actions in your mind and body.
There is a multitude of reasons that CBD oil can be helpful when travelling. This natural product has been proven to:
- Ease anxiety and stress associated with travelling
- Reduce pain
- Reduce inflammation in joints, muscles and organs
- Help people to sleep better without the use of prescription medication
- Promote relaxation
Using CBD on a plane is no different than using it anywhere else, and it's legal to bring in your carry-on or checked baggage in many countries and jurisdictions. However, you must check the airline rules and the laws in every country you intend to travel to, as there are some destinations where CBD oil remains outlawed.
Ultimately, if you're flying to a foreign country that doesn't allow CBD oil (or any cannabis products, for that matter), then be sure not to bring anything onboard with even a trace amount of CBD oil in it.
When should you use CBD oil before a flight?
Like any product, you should test CBD oil before you get on a plane. You don't want to run the risk of any further anxiety by worrying over how this product works.
It’s recommended that you try small doses of CBD oil in advance to get a feeling for how it will assist and develop confidence in the product.
- Pre-flight: Start taking CBD oil three days before your flight to help curb any anxiety or panic attacks.
- During: CBD oil is safe to take during your flight. You can even take it at the airport if you're going through security because it's classified as a food product. But again, it’s vital to check the legalities in different countries before taking or carrying CBD oil.
- After: If you still feel uncomfortable after your trip, start retaking CBD oil three days after your last day of flying. The sooner you get back on track, the better. Don't worry – there are no addictive qualities to CBD oil, and you won’t develop a dependence on the product.
You should consult your GP before consuming any product that will influence your mind and body functions.
The product will include detailed dosage instructions. Minor doses like half a dropper are generally fine. Ensure that you bring the correct size of dropper and the right amount of drops needed for your dose. This will prevent any unnecessary stress or complications at security if they want to test it.
Final tips and advice
Like any product, CBD oil can influence people in different ways. Here are some tips to ensure you have nothing but a positive experience, and enjoy your travel without anxiety:
- If you have an adverse reaction to CBD oil (i.e. feeling nauseous), drink plenty of water to clear your system.
- Make sure that you're taking a low dose and start with half a dropper. If it doesn't work well for you, try taking one dropper, and then you could try upping it to two.
- Always keep in mind that CBD oil will show up on a drug test if you have one scheduled. Make sure you're prepared before taking the dose to ease any anxiety or stress about not passing the test.
- Get some sleep the night before so you can be fully energised and ready for your trip.
- With a flight, there's nothing you can do about delays or cancellations. Be sure to leave extra time for the unexpected.
CBD oil is perfectly safe when used responsibly. You should always consult a medical professional before taking it, though, just in case. CBD is a natural way to help you relax and stay calm during your travels. Buy online now from V&YOU.